To our patient family,
We hope that you are all in good health and miss you greatly! Since the shutdown, we have been working diligently on devising an enhanced set of standards given the outbreak of the novel COVID-19 virus. As we prepare to reopen, we would like to update you on some changes that have been made to the office for your protection.
We have taken these precautions seriously, and while challenging, we feel it will help ensure your safety and that of our team members to keep everyone healthy.
Additional Safety Precautions
- Special HEPA /UV-C light air filtration systems have been installed for our building and run 24 hours/day to purify the air being circulated in the office
- As always, clinical personnel will be hand washing before and after your appointment and we will ask you to do the same.
- Team members will be wearing enhanced PPE including a filtration mask, gowns, and shields in addition to our usual protocols.
- Aerosol procedures are being minimized in the first phase of our return, so you may expect some changes at your next cleaning.
- We are embracing using virtual communication when possible to minimize contamination -handles and knobs are being wiped, and a privacy screen barrier has been placed at the front desk.
Prior to your appointment
- We ask that you all go to the home page and click on the Patient Forms button. Please fill out form 2 (updated medical questionnaire) prior to your next appointment.
- Patients will be asked to remain in your vehicles and simply call when you arrive, you will receive a text back when your treatment room is ready.
- You will be greeted by a Team member in a mask who will ask you to use antibacterial gel, take your temperature, and escort you to your treatment room without waiting.
- We also ask that you wear a mask to enter the building.
- At this time, we will take your temperature and have you use antibacterial gel prior to escorting you to your treatment room. Your temperature must be below 100.4. If higher, we will refer to your PCP. Our Team will also rescreen you with a few Covid questions prior to starting.
- Only patients receiving treatment should enter the building, no siblings. Parents / guardians can wait in the car. Obviously minor children can be accompanied by an adult, however, additional screening will be required for the guardian.
- Please brush and floss at home prior to your visit to minimize oral bacteria.
- We will provide an oral rinse prior to commencing your treatment that day, and will use techniques to minimize aerosols.
We’ve got you!
Please know as always, we will place the health and well-being of our patients and our team first. We will continue to reach out and update you on a regular basis to keep you informed as we move forward.
Please call us with any questions and concerns – we are here to help and make your next visit as comfortable as possible. We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we try to get back normal. Looking forward to seeing you all again and catching up with you at your next appointment.
Your Team at Pratt Family Dentistry